Wrinkles or rhytides, are folds in your skin, as a result of aging process, volume loss, exposure to UV radiation, smoking and repeated facial expressions like squinting and frowning. Fine lines and wrinkles start appearing during mid-20s. These lines get deeper and deeper from early to mid 30’s onwards.
Am I a candidate for Anti-wrinkle injectable treatment?
- Is your skin looking as youthful as you would like?
- Do your facial wrinkles leave you looking older than how you feel?
- Do you have frown lines, forehead lines, crow’s feet, which makes you look worried or tired?
- Do you look sad due to the downturned corners of the mouth?
- Are you wanting to reduce these unwanted expression lines?
If your friends or family suggest that you look worried, tired or sad, due to these unwanted facial lines, you may need wrinkle relaxing injections which can help to smooth out the appearance of these lines and wrinkles.
Facial muscles contract thousands of times a day, eventually creating creases in the skin. Repeated facial expressions like squinting, frowning or smiling cause prominent lines and wrinkles to appear and become more noticeable over time.
Anti-wrinkle injections, help to slow down the activity of these muscles and reduce horizontal lines in your forehead, vertical frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet. Anti-wrinkle injections work by binding to parts of the muscle that normally receive signals from the nerve endings. This allows the muscle to relax, reducing skin creases and wrinkles that are normally produced by the persistent contraction of these muscles. This results in a fresh and rejuvenated appearance.
The effect of the treatment is noticeable within a few days and maximum effect of the treatment is seen at 2 weeks. We offer a follow up appointment at 2 weeks, to check that the result is optimal.
Anti-wrinkle injections help to reduce the following unwanted facial features:
- Frown lines
- Crow’s feet (lines around the lateral corner of the eyes)
- Horizontal lines on the forehead
- Downturned corners of the mouth
- Smokers lines or lipstick lines (vertical lines just above the upper lip)
- Gummy smile
- Square jawline
- Chin dimpling
This treatment is a non-invasive solution to reducing wrinkles. Here at Mkskin clinic, all treatments are carried out by doctors, patient safety and sterile injecting protocols remain our top priorities.