- Microdermabrasion is a painless procedure with instant visible results. It is suitable for all skin types and ages. Most clients find it quite relaxing treatment.
- Microdermabrasion is a controlled method of skin exfoliation, it is used for a deep clean, blackheads, pigmentation from either sun exposure or pregnancy. It also decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, by gently lifting and removing dull, dead skin cells and improving the texture of the skin.
- It stimulates the fibroblasts to produce more collagen and elastin and helps to restore smoother, younger looking skin.
- It is not recommended for patients with active acne.
- Treatment involves preparing the skin to remove make-up and impurities. Once the skin has been prepared then we use the hand piece to gently spray the fine crystals on the skin and the vacuum action sucks the crystals removing dull and dead skin cells. The hand piece is used over the skin twice ensuring that the skin has been fully covered, focussing on the areas of concern at more detail.
- Once the treatment is complete, we apply a recovery gel to help calm the skin, as there is often a pinkish appearance.
- Treatment intervals are recommended around every 10 days with a course of 6 treatments. Maintenance treatments as and when required.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, saunas, hot baths and sun beds for up to one week after the procedure.
- Avoid intensive sunlight exposure for up to one week after the procedure. Use sunscreen with a SPF50.