OBAGI NU-DERM SYSTEM
Complete skin care system specially formulated to help transform the appearance of aging skin. It also helps to clear pigmentation.
OBAGI Nu-Derm System consists of the following products:
- Gentle Cleanser – Gently removes makeup and everyday impurities for a clean, fresh complexion.
- Toner – Non-drying toner helps adjust the pH of your skin.
- Clear – Effective prescription-strength hydroquinone helps correct the appearance of age and sun spots for a healthier, more even skin tone.
- Exfoderm – A lightweight lotion that helps exfoliate the top layer of the skin, removing dull, old skin cells, while revealing new skin cells for a brighter complexion
- Blender – A unique formula containing prescription-strength hydroquinone for the gradual lightening of sun spots, age spots, and other types of discoloration.
- Hydrate – A moisturizing cream to be used as needed to soothe areas of dry, flaky skin
- Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – A sunscreen that combines UVA and UVB protection in an elegant matte finish that is non-comedogenic, allergy tested, and dermatologist tested. Sheer, PABA-free, and fragrance-free for all skin types.
Important Safety Information for Clear, Blender, and Sunfader
People with prior history of sensitivity or allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients should not use it. The safety of topical hydroquinone use during pregnancy or breast feeding has not been established.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth, or lips. In case of accidental contact, patient should rinse eyes, nose, mouth, or lips with water and contact physician.
- Sunscreen use is an essential aspect of hydroquinone therapy because even minimal sunlight exposure sustains melanocytic activity.
- Treatment should be limited to relatively small areas of the body at one time since some patients experience a transient skin reddening and a mild burning sensation.
- Should not be used during pregnancy and by nursing mothers.
- A prescription topical treatment for acne vulgaris. Available in 3 strengths: 0.025%, 0.05%, and 0.1%.
Tretinoin Gel (0.05%) and Cream (0.1%, 0.05% and 0.025%) are used in the topical treatment of acne vulgaris. Tretinoin is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your mouth, eyes or the corners of your nose.
Important Safety Information
- Gels are flammable, so avoid fire, flame or smoking during use of Tretinoin Gel.
- While using Tretinoin, spend as little time in the sun as possible, use an effective broad spectrum sunscreen, and wear a hat even on cloudy days. Do not use sunlamps or tanning booths, and avoid extreme wind and cold. If you do get a sunburn, stop using Tretinoin until your skin is back to normal.
- Tretinoin may cause skin irritation. Some patients may get dry, red or peeling skin that requires them to use less medication or use it less often, or stop use either temporarily or altogether. Patients who develop a rash or itchy skin should contact their healthcare provider. Do not use more Tretinoin, or use it more often, than your doctor has told you because it will not work better and may increase the irritation to your skin. Avoid use of other products that may dry or irritate your skin.
The safety and efficacy of Tretinoin have not been established in the treatment of pregnant or nursing women.