DERMA PEN TREATMENT
What is dermapen treatment ?
Derma-pen is typically used for skin rejuvenation. It is used to smooth wrinkles, and improve depressed acne scarring or other scarring.
Dermal needling is a process carried out with a derma-pen that is covered with numerous tiny needles. Derma pen makes pin point punctures into the dermis. Your body perceives this as damage, which triggers the release of growth factors that, in turn, stimulate the production of elastin and collagen. The human body is designed to react to any injury by initiating the healing process, but usually it will just mend as far as it has to keep you in good health – which is very different to healing to a cosmetic level. By persistently triggering this healing process, you encourage your body to keep repairing until the job is done. Derma pen may be conducted safely on all colours of skin and all types of skin.
You are eligible for Derma pen if the following applies to you:
– Scars, especially indented acne, surgical scars and injury scars.
– Lack of skin radiance, Loss of elasticity and epidermal thickness.
– Rough and uneven skin texture, Fine lines, Wrinkles, Crow’s feet.
– Open pores.
You are not eligible for Derma pen if the following applies to you:
– You suffer with active pustular acne, active bacterial, active viral (cold sores or singles) or fungal infections.
– Eczema and psoriasis, Rosacea, Pregnancy.
– Keloid or raised scars, collagen vascular disease.
– Scars less than 6 months old.
– Raised moles or warts, Facial surgery in the past 6 months.
– Patients with blood clotting problems and cardiac abnormalities.
– Actinic (solar) keratosis, Immunosuppression.